Friday, March 26, 2010

Movin on uuup



Evie has been moved from an isolette to just a plain old crib thing that they put all babies in at the hospital. I wouldnt call it a crib, but you know what i am talking about. This means she is maintaining her own body temperature! Thats two things off the checklist now. the checklist being:
Breathing well on her own *check*
Maintain own body temperature *check*
Eating on her own

We are working on the last one. I am at the hospital right now working on that as a matter of fact. She had another successful breastfeed a little earlier tonight. Yay! I am staying for one more eating session then i will go home for the night. They feed her every three hours, so I came for nine pm and midnight. I will be able to come for a few tomorrow too since tony will be home. Then Mary will be here so I can stay here as loong as i want! I really dont want to that much but the more i do the faster Evie will learn to eat by mouth rather than nose tube. They even have rooms here for moms to stay in if they want to be here all the time for feedings and such. Free of charge! And there is a parents lounge with drinks and tv and you can borrow laptops (hence, this blogpost). They really are awesome here and i am so grateful for all the little (big) things that are making this as simple and stress free as possible.

No comments: