Monday, March 22, 2010

L'hopitale vacay

So there I was, 7am, tony getting ready for work and i cant get comfortable enough to get back to sleep. I say nonchalantly to tony, it feels like im having some contractions. After a little while longer i just get up and settle on the couch and wait for elijah to wake up. Ok, ill wait until noon to call the doctor if these keep up... 8am...9am...hmm ill wait until 11 to call...10am elijah gets up.. 1030 on the phone and the doctor sends me in to get evaluated since these arent just practice contractions, they are bordering on painful.


Thanks mike, he takes elijah for the afternoon.


I go in and i am 2cm and 80% (most ladies will know what this means) its not bad, but it is not ideal. They get the contractions stopped and send me home after a few hours.


I get home around 2 and mike brings elijah back around 4 and he goes straight down for a nap, which is good because, hmm i think that was a contraction i felt again. Sure 'nuf by five i have called tony to come home early and five thirty i call the doctor again. She calls in an RX for the same meds they gave me at the hospital to stop that contractions earlier. By this time I am basically in full on labor writhing around on a yoga ball telling tony to call the walgreens to see if its ready yet. we hop in the car and i take the pills as soon as they hand it to me.

An hour and a half later i am still huffing and puffing on the couch slurring high pitched undecipherable words and phrases to poor tony.


i make tony call the doctor this time and she sends us back to the hospital where they find i am now 4 1/2 cm dialated and 90%. whoops. here comes the medicine.


It is now two days later and i am still here, probably will be here for at least a few more days, could be til I deliver. Luckily, as we speak they have turned off the medicine and i am doing well without it. If contractions dont kick back in, i will be moved to a postpartum room where i am told the beds are more comfortable (yay) and i am hoping i can shower because as nice as the nurses are, im pretty sure i am bordering on stinky.


Its not so bad though, everyone in our ward has been amazing. I have had calls to see how i am and how they can help and lists are being organized of people who can take elijah for us when tony has to work or wants to visit and elijah cant due to age restriction (though sometimes if it isnt busy, they will let him sneak by). Very very grateful for our neighbors.


Also there is pretty room service whenever i want and super nurses that refill my juice and water even after the fiftieth time i finish the gallon they brought me five minutes ago. its nice.
but i miss tony and lijah baby. he is probably confused about being passed around to all these people but at least tony can be with him most of the time too.
I suppose I will have quite a bit of free time for the next few days so i will keep everyone posted on progress!

1 comment:

HT said...

Loo bee doo! I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. But at least the bun is still in the oven. Cara and I want to come visit soon, as soon as our schedules align. Love you guys! Sure wish we lived a little closer. Hang in there.