Thursday, September 29, 2011

St Paul

Have I mentioned that I really like it a lot here?  St Paul is a really fun city to live in.  There are little local shops on every corner, some of my favorites involve ice cream...  Even the movie theatres here are little two-screen ones where there is one, big screen on the main level and a smaller one upstairs.  Tony and I went to see Captain America when it was playing on the smaller screen and I tell you what, I am ruined forever in going to the big multiplexes.  Even though there were quite a few people there, it felt like we were in a private screening. 
People keep warning me about the winters here, but I've had a taste of them before in the form of holiday visits to the twin cities in the past few years.  I plan on finding a few favorite indoor places to hang out with the kids and then expanding on my movie collection, maybe even try out this 'netflix' everyone keeps talking about.

It was so nice to see the fam in DC last week and it makes me wish we lived closer (especially to play with Lizzie and steal baby Taylor away when baby decides to arrive).  However, I hope that some of my family will be able to come swing by our neck of the woods in the future (private screening for The Avengers? Anyone?)

No comments: