Sunday, May 22, 2011

We are practically on a first name basis

So I feel like I take these kids to the doctors office at least once a week between the two of them. In the past week and a half, Elijah has been thrice. He swallowed that piece of plastic spoon the other week, so I took him in to the Kidscare instacare just in case and to know what to look out for. They said if he hadn't 'passed' it in about a week, to bring him back in. So for a week, excuse the simile, I spread out his poop like peanut butter looking for those pieces of plastic. I didnt find them.

I took him back in on friday to follow up with his pediatrician, who promptly told me that I shouldn't have had to look through the poop because it was very likely it would go through his system just fine and I probably wouldn't see it because, well, it would be covered in...poop. How many times can I use that word in this post? We'll see.

While at that appt, I took the opportunity to ask about a few other things that have been going on. Elijah has this rash on his face that has been persistent for a few weeks. The doctor attributed it to an eczema type skin irritation after testing a few things and told us to use some hydrocortisone cream to help it. I did, and it did help, but its not good to use for more than a week at a time and his rash would come right back and flare up. I also tried a more mild vaseline type ointment, but that made it turn bright red. In the afternoon, his eyes started to puff up. The rash had spread up to his eyes before, but not quite as puffy. Poor guy was so bummed about his eyes. He would point to one and go, "hurt."

Needless to say we were back at the doctor's office Kidscare tonight. Why wont this rash go away! We met with a different pediatrician and she suggested it could be an allergy thing because it was puffing his eyes up. So after a dose of Zyrtec, a popsicle, and a lollipop, we stopped by the store for some Children's benedryl and Claritan and Elijah fell asleep on the way home. We will try this regime out for a few days and see how it goes.

On a side note, Evie is crawling around on her hands and knees like a pro. I think she thinks that it is just fun to see how fast she can crawl. She will take off across the room, then turn around and come right back. Very cute. We are coming to visit MN this week, HOORAY!

No comments: