Monday, July 26, 2010

More sleepy adventures

So speaking of sleeping....


This morning, Elijah was sleeping in our bed *siiigh* and he woke up before I did and proceeded to do his thing around the house, at one point I half woke up and saw him playing on the nightstand so I rolled over. I know, mother of the year, right? After awhile, I wake up to silence. Ahh, peaceful. Wait a second. Too peaceful. Wheres elijah?

I ran out to the living room to find the sliding door half open and no elijah. He figured out how to open the door. I grabbed Evie and ran outside to find a police car parked across the street so I start rushing over to him. Maybe it was the greasy messed up bed hair or the fact that I was wearing pajamas and no shoes that tipped him off, but he saw me coming and asked, Are you missing a child?

YESSSSSSs sss. He asked me what he was wearing and I manage to eek out "he.. space ships ..on pants... Superman shirt... he pajamas..." Elijah was sitting in the back of the cop car, buckled up and playing. PLAYING. The officer said he was just havin a time in the backseat. Someone had called after they saw elijah out by himself and the police officer had picked up elijah about 30 mins ago. 30 mins! How long had he even been outside I dont know. After giving some info, he got elijah out of his car and walked him home with me.

Its a funny story now, but I am so glad he wasnt hit by a car, or kidnapped, or wandered away so far that they had to take to him to the police station, get bit by a dog, scratched by a cat, stepped in something, the list goes on.

A funny part though is that when the officer tried to get him out of the car, Elijah ran to the other side of the car, and after walking around to the other side, elijah ran back to the other side. Eventually, he just asked, Is it ok if I just grab him out? Also, when elijah saw we were coming back inside, he sat down in the driveway and started yelling. Hmm, maybe this isnt my child.... just kidding I didnt say that, too busy whimpering and crying.

But anyways, heres how the afternoon went.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so scary! I'm glad he was safe! What do you do now that he can open doors?!

Laura K said...

quarantine.

Julie said...

ohhhh noooo! elijah you are already so much braver than me.