Tuesday, July 6, 2010

He just misses us I guess

Lately Elijah has been having a hard time sleeping at night. For awhile he did pretty well, waking up once a night and sometimes even sleeping through the night. But for the past week or two, he has been waking up like three times a night, it feels like ten, and he wont go back to sleep in his crib unless we lay with him on the couch and watch his bedtime music cartoon until he falls back asleep. Or if we are super tired or nothing else is working, we have to bring him to our bed.

NOOOoooOOO! I am ok with little baby elijah having a little R and R in the big bed, but when he reached about 15 months, I was adamant about Elijah sleeping in his own crib all night and I reclaimed my bed, all three feet of my half of the bed, no more little person pushing me to the edge, giving me six inches of space to sleep on.

So Tony asked me to wait until he has a day off to enforce the 'sleep in your own crib' rule so that the inevitable crying we will have to endure will come on a night that Tony can at least sleep in a little bit in the morning. So prepare yourself, neighbors, tonight elijah is undergoing my no picking up out of the crib during sleepy time rule.

Now that that is established, I must tell about how he fell asleep in the car on the way home from Cara and Will's bbq the other night. Elijah was tired and being fussy. Normally, he's pretty good about just falling asleep in his car seat, no hubub about it. But on this ride, Tony was trying to keep him quiet so he reached his hand back and elijah grabbed it and instantly went quiet. After a min his eyes were closed. How cuuuute, I thought, elijah just wanted to hold Tonys hand. But what was really funny is that twice tony took his hand away and elijah would start crying! sleep crying! so tony quickly put his hand back and he would stop crying. It was adorable to say the least. Eventually elijah was asleep enough so that tony could take his hand back.

No comments: