Sunday, January 27, 2013

Thanksgiving

By the time Thanksgiving rolled around, it was already pretty chilly, so I say fall was over.  We made some snowmen to portray our feelings.  Evie made this snowman all by herself. We share the same sentiments.
 Cold days mean snuggle time.  Elijah likes to snuggle with his best pal Rocket. A little extra close sometimes.
 We went up to Aunt Wendy and Uncle Joe's for Thanksgiving.  It's always fun going to their house. The kids especially LOOVE seeing them and me and Tony usually snag a break with all the other fun adults around to keep an eye on things. I got to fit in some Black Friday shopping (Tony refuses to set foot in Walmart ever again. Ever.).  I think we even got out to a movie! I loved putting dinner together with Wendy.  The best parts though are always the crazy flukes that happen around family gathering.  I might have set the oven on fire at one point and Tubby the dog helped himself to my apple pie while it was cooling (a la stealing pie off the windowsill style, except he just ate part of the pie and left it there). While I didnt get any pics from the actual festivities, I did get some from when we went to Bentleyville the next day! In a snowstorm!
 Best part about Bentleyville? Free cookies and cocoa. and marshmallows to roast.



The christmas season officially began!

1 comment:

Jen Evans said...

That picture of Elijah and Rocket is precious.