Wednesday, May 9, 2012

When we went to VA

I realize I never posted about when we spent a week in VA with my family in march!  Elijah and Evie LOVE going "on the airplane to Papa Mickey's house" as Elijah always describes it.  We get to play and eat goodies and go fun places.  We got to go see the Air and Space museum in dulles.  Now, Elijah loves airplanes as much as the next little boy, but he actually got pretty scared to see so many planes suspended from the ceiling.  I think he might have thought they were either going to fall on him or shoot at him.  Either way, I had to carry him across the second level because he was too frightened to walk next to the planes.







 At one part in the museum, they have a lookout tower.  Since it is located right next to the Washington Dulles airport, you can watch the planes take off and land right in front of you from this tower.  I think Evie was actually the most excited about that part.


 On another day, Papa took the kids to Chuck E Cheese.  The motherland for Elijah.  He couldnt get there fast enough.  What is great about this ChuckECheese is that since we went at 11am on a random weekday, we basically had the place to ourselves.  Between Evie's squeeky shoes and Elijah's constant yells of excitement ("OH YEAH!" "WOOOOO" "RRRRRREAH!!")  I always knew where they were without hardly having to leave my seat.


More tomorrow.

No comments: