Thursday, December 22, 2011

Words!

I can put words on the blog again! I cant type on the blog from my phone, just upload videos. The plug for my laptop went out recently (the plug stop working? what? has anybody heard of this?) so I have not been able to get on a computer besides a snippet here and there on Tony's computer at the gym. Hence, I have only been blogging via video uploads from my phone. Maybe now I can leave stories and even some pictures because Tony got me a new laptop for christmas!!
While my other was still in working order, it was getting older and replacing the plug (we have already replaced it once) would cost like a hundred bucks anyway so here we are! On my new lap top! It is beautiful! It is shiny! There are no tiny fingerprint smudges on the screen! Best of all, there is a camera! Now I can skype my long lost family members (weeks have gone by, baby Henry must be walking by now, I am missing it all! but no longer.)
Also, I can leave awesome stories for everyone to read (Hi Grandpa Earley!) For instance, we celebrated Christmas a little early this year since we will be spending it in South Dakota. Santa came yesterday morning bright and early. We told Elijah that he had to sleep in his own bed ALL night in order for Santa to stop at our house and leave fun presents and treats. Lo and behold, at 730 am, the door creaks open and elijah shuffles into bed next to me with a big smile on his face. The kind where his eyebrows go up and his nose wrinkles. I asked if Santa came. "YEAH! SANTA CAME MAMA! He weeve preseeents!" It was so fun.
This is the first year he has started to grasp the 'santa' concept and we have been playing it up since Halloween. Any time he is naughty or throwing a fit, we just tell him that Santa wont come unless he his nice and listens. It has worked pretty well. Any chance it will work up until next christmas? Maybe we can do it again for the easter bunny.

No comments: