Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lonely lonely.

Tony and Elijah are in south dakota visiting fam this week and since I have recently started back at school, i am not. Yesterday I just ran some errands and then pitifully called my sister in law Amber to see if I could play at their house. It ended up being quite productive as I babysat brooklyn and tanner while mike and amber got to go on a froofy date consisting of salads and pedi's.
Brooklyn and i had decided to color for awhile when i suggested drawing a picture for her parents. "what does your dad like?"
"ummmm, dragons!"
"ok... we'll draw a dragon for him, what about your mom?"
"ummmm.... baby dragons!"

so we drew a picture of a big dragon breathing fire and a baby dragon not breathing fire because apparently fire scares baby dragons.
Then we watched Wall-e and when mike and amber got home brooklyn started a sushi restaurant and later, inevitably, both tanner and brooklyn ended up in only their underwear running around the living room.

All in all, a good first day with no baby lijah :(
they'll be back on sunday!

3 comments:

Rowdy Rowlett's said...

ah yes... everything at our house ends up with naked children. Really... who doesn't like to run around in their underwear?

Julie said...

hey come visit this week with everyone!

Bonnie said...

Laura! laura! laura!

I am so sorry I missed baby lijah's birthday. when I realized it had passed I was so sad! And I just spent the day picking peaches with my family. LAME. Can I stop by and bring my present for the momma and the baby?